CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Baby's Age

Ok, I may not be as good a mum as I want to be - I can't quite figure out how old Baby Boy is. Hahhahaha - I think he's 22 weeks old and sis thinks he's 23 weeks old. (yeah, I know my baby ticker says 21w2d.)

But anyway, I read that at 26 weeks they can really 'remember' voices already - in the sense that they hear and retain an auditory memory of the tone/pitch/cadence of the voice and when baby is born, they recognise these voices and they can calm the baby down! I must get Ju Han to talk to the baby cos apparently, babies can recognise their dad's voice in a roomful of voices immediately after birth! And if they're irritated/annoyed or upset, their dad's voice can calm them down cos it's familiar! Initially I thought that dad's voice would be easier for babies to hear from within the womb cos dad's mouth can be closer to them but no!!! I also found out that a mother’s voice comes to the womb through her own body and it is stronger, richer and less distorted when it reaches the baby than outside sounds. Many sounds and noises travel to the inner ear through vibrations in the baby’s skull.

A newborn baby may show preference for their mother’s voice, but a father’s deeper voice travels well through water.

How cool is that????!!!!!! :)

0 comments: