CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's a zygote - embryo - foetus - BOY!

Yeah, you read right! I'm 5 months pregnant! HMmmm....how can it be that long?? I last wrote in April, that makes it - May, June, July, Aug, Sept.....WOW! Time flies when you're having fun! Hhahahahaahhaa....

Well, yeah we started fooling around in let's see March but that was kinda all off in terms of timing. And then in April we went to Redang right, with Ju Han's parents.....and in May, we went to Singapore and Universal Studios with my family - I rode the roller coaster twice! My friend Thing May says that it was the turning and twisting of the ride that aided the little soldiers! But now, having just outlined it above, I guess Ju Han's main men didn't need any help at all cos we probably made the baby in Redang eh??? :) HAhahahhahaha Ok, he is going to be all grossed out about me writing this online!

So, I pretty much felt like I was pregnant when I missed my period in Singapore. And when we came back I still waited a few more days before testing because the month before, I had wasted a test after being late for a week! So, I waited a few more days just to be sure. But I had already noticed some changes in my body - noticeably (to me only) my boobs.

I tested before work one morning because they said that's the most accurate time to test eh - what with the high concentration of pregnancy protein. HAhhahahah - and it was POSITIVE! I wasn't sure what to think because yeah, we'd talked about it at length, about whether this was the time to start a family or not besides the fact that I wasn't getting any younger.....I woke Ju Han up and got him to come take a look - his joy was instantenous! And then after a little while, I can still remember, the reality of him becoming a father sank in, and he quieted down and kinda just whispered it to himself! It was a heartwarming moment.

People stated the fact to me that I must be so happy and I was - but at the same time I was also cautious, as in I wasn't sure what really to feel...pregnant, my life was going to change, can I be a good parent? Do I know how to parent? Do I want my life to change? What about the world of two of us? I never was the "OOCHI-WOOCHI-Oh-You're-So-Cute" type and this development in our lives also had me kinda scared.

We decided not to tell anyone yet and to make an appointment at a nearby hospital to get it all checked out. Actually the first person we told was Dr Sharina from our local clinic because we went there first to get the results of our blood test (just to test that we were healthy before we started having babies....) and she calculated that the Estimated Due Date (EDD) was to be 18 Jan 2011!

I scoured the internet, as I am wont to do when making life changing decisions hehehehhehe, and we decided on a prominent gynaecologist from a nearby hospital. I was abit worried about the expense of it but well, Ju Han in his wisdom, emphasized that we wanted someone and somewhere good for the baby and having the hospital nearby would be a boon should we need to make a mad midnight dash to the hospital to give birth! :) I love that man!

So, we got an appointment made, saw him and then it was quite exciting to see the little kacang putih (peanut) on the ultrasound! Baby boy was literally a peanut in my uterus! We heard his strong FAST heartbeat and after that during dinner, broke the news to everyone in the family - parents, siblings and it was just a hoo-ha! My dad started addressing himself as Ah Kong (Grandfather) already! :)

A couple of months passed, I was lucky with not very much morning sickness at all - in terms of nausea. I threw up like 3 times; wasn't very sleepy or tired but I did feel lots of tummy flutters. I don't know how to describe it but it was an uncomfortable feeling and I called them the butterflies. I didn't know how to eat my food portions and very often ate too much at dinner time - making myself full to a point of discomfort (I didn't have much appetite too) and then at night I would get hungry and get wind in the stomach which felt awfully bad too.

But it's true, after 3 months, all that passes and it's hey-ho now! I have gained about 3-4kg in 5 months of pregnancy which I think is quite ok seeing as I am supposed to gain, ideally, 13kgs only throughout the entire pregnancy. And my tummy is now at 35inches around. It's very sharp in shape.

I kept referring to the baby in the feminine standards at first like "I hope she'll like this" or "I wonder how her body is forming now" but sometime around the 4th month I kinda stopped that .....firstly, cos Ju Han advised that if it was a boy, I'd be super confusing it! Which scared the hell out of me! And also, cos I think I kinda felt like it WOULD be a boy! I looked just like I always do - no bleahness and my tummy was sharp so yeah, I thought - it's gonna be a boy!

At our last checkup, the gynae showed us his "rocket". Hehehhehe. It looks HUGE!!!! And my dad is super excited and happy it's a boy cos having had two girls, I guess this one would be someone in his camp! :) Ju Han loves the idea of an elder brother who can take care of his younger siblings if we have any more.....and my mum in law said that knowing his gender really brought home the fact that she's going to be a grandmother!

We've gone around a bit looking for baby stuff but have not bought anything yet. We found quite a nice looking cot and kinda know what pram we wanna buy. I love 'my first years' feeding bottles which are supposed to be best for complementary breast-feeding but am a bit concerned that they seem to only be available at Metrojaya.

I can now feel him moving around my uterus, shifting places and all that but have not felt him kick or felt an elbow poking out etc yet. I talk to him, hold him alot and his dad sometimes whispers to him that he loves him....... :)

I have a bit of back ache - god knows I've had them since my teens.....and I breathe a heck of a lot louder now...hahhahaha....but everything else seems the same except that it seems different too. It's just wonderful.

And we are surrounded by such a wonderful family unit. My sis bought me maternity tights from Paris! Mum said I look so ready to be a mother, dad thought my tummy would be out to THERE when he first saw me at 4 months.....father in law has already hired a nanny for his grandson and mum in law spends loads of money buying fish and juices and vegetables and fruits to make me healthy. And Ju Han, well he's just been my rock - my husband, my friend. I feel like he has changed so much since when I first knew him....but maybe he hasn't changed at all - maybe this is the way he always was and I just didn't deserve to see it til after we got married, til now....when I have grown and matured and am better towards him too.

So, here we are - our own little fmaily unit - Dad, Me and Baby.







Mummy at 18 weeks

0 comments: