CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sweet Cherry Strollers

Ok, so today I checked out some Sweet Cherry strollers. At One Utama where there is a sale going on - but am not buying yet cos there will be another sale in December before the baby is born, and cos I am not sure yet which one I want to buy, and cos I am also not sure yet if this is the brand that I want.

The strollers seem ok to a naive new mother like me. I have several models I like which I tried to find out more about online at http://www.sweetcherry.com.my/ and couldn't really find. Also, will need to check out some forums and see what other mums say.

Basically the most popular model the SCR 5 - I don't quite like. It's slimmer (what if baby takes after dad and needs a lot of space) plus it's got the teeniest-weeniest basket ever as well as no cupholder. But! it can be reverse/foward facing and I can either use a carrier car seat or actual stroller seat (switchable/replaceable).

I like the C209 Nano Stroller Click one comes with a matching bag, cup holders, looks nice, ok basket, 8kg but the material I saw which was brown and beige circles felt a bit rough - which is a minor thing to remedy I supposed. I also like the TS012 Gra Stroller that comes with a huge basket underneath and 4 wheels which I prefer over the 3-wheeled ones. The problem (?) is that it doesn't face front and back and I am not sure if the wheels are wide enough to be steady.

The C918 Bingo Stroller faces front and back, has a large basket, looks nice and is extra padded for comfort (as is the TS012) but it's 9kg. Heavy?

And oh, The Gra comes with a single unlocking system - cos it's not two separate locks at both back wheels, it's one lock controlling both back wheels with a single step. None of the others has that.

So, of all:

C209 Nano looks the best but only faces 1 way
C918 Bingo looks second best but bulkier at 9kg
TS012 Gra looks most old-fashioned but has everything I want including the one step brake system.

Have to check with Ju Han.....sigh. Also can't seem to find any reviews. All my items no one want to use one . first years baby bottles and sweet cheery strollers....sigh. Am I a bad mommy for not buying a Peg Perego or something like that?????

I still also have not checked out how to open and close them, one handed or not, whether they fold standing up or lying down, covers are detachable and washable or not.

Btw, found this website http://thechildrenplace.blogspot.com/search/label/Stroller has discounted strollers. All from Combi brand but the Combi Urban Walker has gotten great reviews. Hmmmmm...the UR-300Y looks cool. But don't know if the padding is enough or not. Let me check it out......

Here's another online site http://mama-and-kids-junction.blogspot.com/search/label/stroller.

Ooooh, reviews say they love the Urban Walker - mostly complimented the one hand fold/unfold. But most complaints about the tricky reverse steering so meaning even though it tells you it can do that.....it doesn't do it very well at all.....AHA! Hmmm...better go try out my Sweet Cherry one. Meaning if the reverse is also difficult - then the Nano will be the best bet....for me.....don't know about Ju Han yet. Though I know people using the SCR 5/6 and they did reverse quite easily lah - those aren't in my list though....

0 comments: