CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 20, 2010

First Trimester Happenings

From my first blog post about how I got pregnant and what I felt etc, I think most of you can glean what I went through but I just wanted to list down some of the major/common thingys I had just so it's easier for new moms out there:

  1. Butterflies in the tummy (probably hormones tickling the stomach/uterus lining)
  2. Wind in the tummy (cos I didn't know how much to eat and when to eat - basically eat whenever you feel you MIGHT be hungry and know your frequency - I knew I had to eat approx every 2 hours and never get caught without food - like in a traffic jam....always have some biscuits at hand and try not to drink too much if you don't have access to a toilet cos you need to gooooooooo)
  3. Not having much of an appetite and not being able to eat very much at all.
  4. Increased urination
  5. Backpain (I had to shift around alot when I was driving but this could also be because I have a history of lower back pain)
  6. Throwing up (nothing to do with the normal nausea, which I didn't have much of, but I always threw up when I brushed my tongue and sometimes felt like it when I just brushed my teeth - try not to think about it but it's difficult to quell once the feeling has taken over your tummy and twisted it into knots - really that is what it feels like)
  7. Not liking fish anymore and char kuay teow which are usually some of my favourite food. Until now, I don't really like fish so I take extra supplements so the baby has enough DHA etc. I also cannot take much spiciness anymore.
  8. Not much temperamental moodiness - due to a very supportive husband and support unit like my in-laws and family
  9. Anxiety about the baby, about changes to my life and our marriage.
  10. Boobs increasing in size.
  11. Not too much in terms of cravings but I did note an increase in preference for ice-cream and coke.
  12. Not really tired/sleepy.
  13. Advised not to exercise yet due to the fragility of the foetus in the first 3 months.

0 comments: